Interested in applying for the Live-in Caregiver program? View current process and changes to the LCP. 

The Live-in Caregiver Program is aimed at those individuals who are looking to migrate to Canada to provide permanent care to a child, elderly person or someone with a disability. This care must be given in the private home of the person with a disability, and you must live and work in this home. You must be trained to provide appropriate care and must provide evidence of appropriate qualifications and education along with your application paperwork. There is a lengthy process involved to ensure you are eligible to apply for the Live-in Caregiver Program, and Renroz Immigration Corp will be able to guide you through this process from start to finish. If the LCP is something you've previously enquired about or is the existing program that you're part of you need to be aware of some changes that have taken place since November 2014 as these could have a significant impact on your application process or current visa. 

  • If this is your first-time application and your future employer’s Labour Market Impact Assessment Application was received by Service Canada after November 30, 2014, you must apply for a standard work permit.
  • If your employer’s Labour Market Impact Assessment Application was received before November 30, 2014, you may apply for an LCP work permit.
  • If you want to extend an existing LCP or change employers, you can apply for an LCP.
  • If you choose to live off-site, you are no longer eligible for the LCP and will need to apply for a standard work permit.

If you have any question or are in any doubt about the validity of your current visa or the application process for the LCP, then we are here to help! Renroz Immigration Corp are experts in this field and can take care of the application process for you from beginning to end.

For more information on Renroz Immigration Corp or to speak with one of our professional team of consultants, email today.